Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hidden blessing

As some of you know I have been on the hunt for the perfect job, something that I have never been through before although I have been working since I graduated high school.
I have always helped my parents with their small business because they are mostly spanish speaking and I do most of the secretarial work. Right after graduating high school a friend of mine helped me get hired at a restaurant where I was a hostess, waitress and a cashier for a little over two years.
One day while working at said restaurant two very nice business men came in and after learning that I was bilingual they asked me to quit the restaurant to be their receptionist and that is what I did. I was there for five years until I recently left to try something different. I was without a job for around three weeks when I found what I thought was a perfect job for me but it wasn't, it just was not what I was looking for as a long term position. I was there for around 6/7 weeks and completely hated it. It was affecting my mood at home and I would stress about it. My bosses were amazing and super sweet it was just the job that I wasn't happy with.

Well I think my bosses noticed because yesterday morning they talked to me and "let me go".
I was not upset or disappointed because I did not like it and strongly believe that I will find something better very soon.
I believe it's a hidden blessing because I was immediately contacted by a friend offering to guide me in the right direction to find a with her company. Today I took the test for that job and I passed it, now i just have to go through the process of finding the perfect spot for me.

No comments: