Friday, September 30, 2011

Chyanne's Baptism and Bren's Birthday

I had been wanting to have Chy baptised in the catholic church since the day she was born and because of some unfortunate situations had not been able to until last weekend. My husband was raised in a Christian household and wasnt so sure about it so we decided to compromise. We would have her baptised and also have a christening for her.

We had a wonderful time and here is how our busy day went:

Chyanne woke up sure early then went down for a two hour nap which was enough for mommy and daddy to get ready since we had to be at the church at 9:30am.
She woke up as happy as can be and had no idea what awaited her

her daddy gave her a quick bath before her godparents to be arrived at our house because it is tradition for the godparents to dress the child to be baptised. She was a great sport with giggles and all

Her dress was G O R G E O U S... I and everyone else loved her dress. My aunt and uncle (godparents) had been keeping the dress from us until the day of and I loved it

 I wore a beautiful dress and my handsome husband wore a nice blue button up shirt with a tie...(i didnt get a picture of him ooops!!
 Here is a picture of both of us after the baptism mass- he had already changed nto more comfortable clothes and still looked very handsome.

 we had a birthday cake for Bren, cupcakes and an Elmo cupcake for Chyanne. My family slaved that morning and night before cooking all of the food for the guests...... the food was a hit.




 These are Chyannes godparents, my aunt Miriam, Uncle Javier and my little cousins Jimena, Janeli and Jaylinn

 Since Bren's birthday was just two days before her baptism we had a very tasty strawberry filled cake for him and he sure did a good taste of it when my sister shoved his face in it and my uncle smeared it on his face lol......
 Didnt she look like a little doll... ahhhhh we LOVE her

She fell asleep when the last guest left and gave mommy and daddy enough time to clean the house then woke up full of energy so off we went to grandmas house to visit with family that came in from Mexico and out of town..... little girl stayed up until 12:30am playing with her little cousins (we never let her stay up that late).



<3Brenda

No comments: