Thursday, August 25, 2011

Coming to the END of my pregnancy~ weeks 33/36

I kept on swelling and swelling at almost 36 weeks at one of my routine check ups I was told that I should stop eating so much because I still had around five weeks to go and had already gained 60 pounds which is more that some women carrying twins gain....... I was livid because here I was 35.5 weeks pregnant, extremely swollen, short of breath, tired and to top it off I was being called fat how dare she....... I told the nurse practitioner that I didnt think my body could carry five more weeks and she walked out giggling..... My blood pressure was very high but I was sent home to keep an eye on it and that I did I checked my blood pressure every 30 minutes and it kept getting higher and higher and to the hospital I went where I was left to wait in a waiting area for FIVE FREAKEN HOURS and by the time I was seen my pressure was back to normal.
I started not being able to walk for long or lay flat without gasping for air and swelling ridiculously, it got to the point where I would dread night time because I couldnt lay flat because I thought I was going to pass out but was always told "you are carrying a large baby" the weekend before my daughter was born I tried to sleep while sitting on the couch but barely slept two hours... the very next day a warm Monday morning exact date August 23, 2010 at 5:30 in the morning I sent my husband off to work then rushed myself to the hospital gasping for air thinking that I was about to die...............
Brenda <3

No comments: